Sunday, September 20, 2009

Photosharing using Picasa - Discussion of the tool in terms of my own personal learning

My personal learning was enhanced in using this tool and I think my open-mindedness or my ‘need’ of this kind of application made it easier for me to learn how to use Picasa.
I have had pictures of various events that needed to be uploaded but, it was never that urgent or sometimes in trying to avoid the whole sign up process, I preferred to zip my pictures and email them or use Hi5 (a social networking site) to upload them. While Picasa 3 is great and offers numerous functionalities, I seem to seek a ‘one-stop shop’. For example, when I am using Hi5, I can get most things done at one stop - I can talk to my friends/family online, see all their updates and post my updates and pictures online – that works well for me.
Strangely, now that I am reflecting on it, I think the more I am required to sign up or download something before using an application, I get so turned off from doing so. It’s not a hard task, but it just feels so overwhelming to always be ‘signing up’ for most of these sites, plus synchronizing my numerous usernames and passwords to ensure that I get in the next time that I log on.

No comments:

Post a Comment