Sunday, September 20, 2009

Photosharing using Picasa - Reflections on the process of learning about the tool

I was eager to get started on using a photo-sharing tool, as for quite a while I had some photos that needed to be uploaded to the web. I chose Picasa, simply because I was more familiar with that name, as most of my friends who had uploaded their photos to the web had used this software. Additionally, I had uploaded some photos to one of my friend’s wedding album on Picasa, after she had sent me her username and password.
To begin the process I ‘googled’ the term and selected their homepage. I realized there was a ‘Download Picasa 3’ button and selected it and proceeded to download it. It took a fairly short time to be downloaded, but then after that was completed, something really ‘cool’ happened. The application organized all the pictures that were on my hard-drive, and I thought to myself ‘this is super’.
Before I was able to upload any photos to the web I was required to log in or create a username and password. Since I already had a Google account, I was able to just log in and I immediately posted a private album to the web. I didn’t have any difficulty in using this application, I just initially hated the idea of having to download an application, but then with the numerous functionalities that Picasa 3 offers, I’m pretty glad I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment